2 port | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 2 port in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the connection made when you use manual lever on valve,or does it energise and take it about 10mm to micro switch,i've took the top of this one and when i use lever it's about 10mm short from micro switch,when iv'e used 2 port in the past the manual lever opens valve,but is it energised that last bit

Not quite sure what you are asking but these spring return two ports are normally designed so that the micro or end switch is only made when the valve is powered open by the motor & not when operated manually, using the lever. We would not want the boiler / pump powered up if we had opened the valve using the lever to drain or vent the system. In saying that if you pull the lever across quick enough you can get the switch to make momentarily just to test it.

Yep, but only when the valve is powered open fully, this is proofing that the valve (water way's) are open before the boiler /pump are allowed to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
3 port could be on its way out?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Back