2 Rads not working... | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 2 Rads not working... in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Y

yiano1234

Hi all,

I am having a problem with 2 radiators in a house not working at all. I have taken the rads off the wall and opened up the valves via a hose pipe and there is water coming out all valves. The water is clear.

When I put the radiators back on the wall, they are only briefly hot with the water I use to fill them back up with, then they run cold.

I have shut down all the other rads in the house and they still do not get warm.

The only thing I can this it could be is that, they have been piped up wrong, eg with to flows, but I am told that they use to work fine.

They are tall, thin modern rads and not your conventional radiator.

The house was powerflushed by Brittish Gas 2 years ago.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thing is, when you take rad off and open rad valves, water comes out of both valves at a decent flow rate.

Going to go back and try changing the valves to see if for some reason they are not 2 way valves, although rads use to work with these same valves.

Failing that, will connect the mains onto the rad valves to try to blast out anything., although i'm really clutching at straws now.

mmm sorry yes i didn't read your post properly....

have you taken them out and put a hose pipe through them to check flow through the rad? See if anythings gunked inside?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I can't afford it at the moment, but I had one...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Manual rad valves eg no trv unless it’s...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
Back