20 rad system two rads not getting hot. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 20 rad system two rads not getting hot. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, got a job today to service a boiler and balance central heating system (20 radiators). balanced the system but two rads arent getting worm at all. at one of the rad, pipe connected to the trv was hot but no heat getting into the rad, so i removed the TRV and turn the lock shield to full still nothing happen. then minutes later pipe went cold, but all rads nearby are hot and i only have turn the lock shield valves to less than a turn. any ideas?

my guess, there on droppers?

ps. you cant have balanced the system if 2 rads remain cold now can you?

Last edited by a moderator:
when you say you removed the trv do you mean the complete valve or just the head?
could be stuck inside trv body.
if the problem rads are not the index circuit then most likely a valve issue.
did you try closing other rads to see what happens then?

sorry i mean the TRV head, removed the trv head and use a pliers to press the valve pin repeatedly, the TRV looks fine to me.
turned all rads off the other problem rad got hot then i turn others back on (by about a turn) then it got cold again.
i will try that again 2mora. see what happen.

the second problem rad has got one but i m not sure about the 1st one

Last edited:
Don't do a turn. Do an 1/8 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Back