23mm overflow? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 23mm overflow? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Put a boiler in this week and positioned it nicely to use the old condense thats run behind plasterboard but ended up snapping it if at the elbow, no probs I'll cut a neat hole and connect onto the pipe with an elbow.
WTF is 23mm overflow! I can't get anything on it, too tight for mechanical adapter.
I ordered a polypipe pushfit condense elbow thinking it would be rubberised (they're not).
I tried heating and 'swaging' normal 21.5mm.
I can get an adapter but to get it in I'll need to remove some mosaic tiles :-/
Any tricks with this one?
I'm back on Friday to replace the very ropey condense to sink arrangement- I nearly cried 🤣

Heat it up and swage the end as it’s slightly bigger shouldn’t be too hard

Thanks. I can get a straight weld adapter, just need to take a couple of tiles out and open up the wall, I think that's the way its going.
Could use a rubber condense elbow off a baxi but don't like the idea as won't be accessible.

Thanks Scott, that's actually what I got.
Took out a couple of tiles to expose the pipe, cut it and then realised just below was another fitting so I couldn't get it on fully.
Sometimes it just doesn't go your way.
Its on and only time will tell if its on enough 😬

Back