26 year old plumbing student from Leeds looking for experience on site for full NVQ 2 | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 26 year old plumbing student from Leeds looking for experience on site for full NVQ 2 in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marklar

Hi all my name is Mark and I’m currently studying a level 2 course in plumbing at Leeds College of Building.

This is my second year at college as i have already passed a services engineering course in my first year. It was quite an easy course for me which covered mostly plumbing, but also went into working with iron, electrics etc. The main thing that the course did for me was make up my mind 100% that i want to pursue a trade in plumbing and heating.

The course I am doing this year is the level 2 Diploma in plumbing, but after the course I’m hoping to move onto the level 3 in gas/heating. To do this the Diploma is not enough and I would need to get the full NVQ. To get this I need to have 4 pieces of work (2 central heating and 2 bathrooms) signed off by an assessor on site. The only way I’m going to be able to do this is by working with somebody on site where I can further my experience, knowledge and confidence.

As previously stated I live in Leeds, but hold a full clean driving license so I can travel. I also work 3 days a week at the minute as well as attending college, but i am hoping that if I do find a placement I can quit my current job and do what I enjoy and get out there into the big scary plumbing world lol.

I would quite happily work for someone for free as a trial run, as this will give the person employing me an idea if they think I have potential and that i am actually useful!

This is so important to me to try and get to where i want to be with my future and to make something of myself as I have just been stuck in my current job for 8 years and it's going to get me nowhere.

If anyone reading this can't physically help me get into work, but may know some one who can then please leave some details or PM me.

Thanks, Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
I’m due to finish my level 2 next year and I...
Replies
Views
Hi There Did you manage to get some work...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ...
Replies
Views
Back