3.5" Cast iron soil to Modern loo pan | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 3.5" Cast iron soil to Modern loo pan in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackrc18

Hi,
I have come across a house that has 3.5" Cast iron soil external to the house and the owner wants to add another loo on the ground floor.
I havent committed myself as yet but althought I know I can get LCC cast iron branches etc (EXPENSIVE!) I am puzzled on how to go back into modern size to pick up the pan.
I have worked out how to break into the stack, add a branch, but its the sizing from 3.5" CI pipe to the pan has me guessing as I cant see a multikwik will do it? Some sort of adapter?:confused:

Hi,
I have come across a house that has 3.5" Cast iron soil external to the house and the owner wants to add another loo on the ground floor.
I havent committed myself as yet but althought I know I can get LCC cast iron branches etc (EXPENSIVE!) I am puzzled on how to go back into modern size to pick up the pan.
I have worked out how to break into the stack, add a branch, but its the sizing from 3.5" CI pipe to the pan has me guessing as I cant see a multikwik will do it? Some sort of adapter?:confused:

Try the MKS3 that might be the one, pipe size 88mm which sounds about right

multiquick do make a pan con for this but you have to order it

Hi,

You could try a Multikwik MKS7 (straight pan connector) or use a MKEB, extension piece with a MKS2. Try one of these.....???

If you have to make a new connection at the stack, connect your 110mm pipe to the 31/2" branch by cutting off the faucet (socket) with either an angle grinder or cast cutters and connect with a Timesaver coupling.
Glasgow has loads of these 31/2" stacks and they're a pain in the bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm not expecting to do a better job than a...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Any plumber on here from Middlesbrough? I’m...
Replies
Views
Don’t worry about a slight roughness inside...
Replies
Views
Back