3 pipe shuffle | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 3 pipe shuffle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you run 3 pipes horizontal above a concrete kitchen floor ie at skirting bd level. Would it be gas bottom hot next and then cold :D just flirting with the young ha

Hot above the cold to reduce condensation to cold pipe, gas however best for you.

I'd run hot at top and gas at bottom. That way you shouldn't get condensation on them.

hot at top otherwise you will get warm cold water as well as condensation.

I think he means that a hot pipe would have an effect on the gas service if hot was below it.

My input here, would be that hot must be on top, followed by gas then cold.

The reason for this is mainly a legionella risk

ok you are all correct ha. But i did wonder years ago about temp stabilization and how it affects everything in readings. I think the biggest thing i learned is how a exposed gas pipe can fluctuate manometer readings. We all think it will read the same but it wont

I'm sure you all know this, but to add my tuppeny worth ... water regs like hot above cold (protection against legionella, blah, blah).

Wish I'd read that post above before I spent ages typing this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks very much for all the advice John, it's...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
The stopcock wasn't too far away, but far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I really appreciate the comments and advice...
Replies
Views
Back