3 port vale problems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 3 port vale problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

booster

Hello chaps, i was called out to a job today to re wire a new 3port valve 4 guys have already tinkered with it and cant get it wired. Basics: Baxi boiler - honeywell wiring centre - tower 3 port valve 4 wire - siemens manual dial controller. The pump will run when calling for hot water but will not run or fire the boiler when calling for central heating. I have been through all the honeywell checks re the training course book and can only put it down to a faulty 3 port valve which incedently was hanging around in the stores not brand new in a box. One thing thats a mystery is the brown/white wire on the tower 3 port has a pulsed output on - off - on - off every one second like its being switched by a relay via a timer circuit very weird. I do like a challenge but this one is a bit baffeling any ideas? Many thanks Dave...

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a decent electritian who knows a control circuit and all will be sorted
Or throw a combi in and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck out the tower valve and fit a proper one, tower are rubbish, had no end of problems with them and all resolved by fitting a honeywell.

Yeah i agree with the tower rubbish will be starting from scratch tomorrow as for an electrician show most sparks a y or s plan and they run a mile thanks for much help so far fellas.

Ye, can't beat Honeywell 3-ports. They look a bit rubbish, but they are easy to take apart and look at what is going on.

Yeah i agree with the tower crap will be starting from scratch tomorrow as for an electrician show most sparks a y or s plan and they run a mile thanks for much help so far fellas.

Half of will run a mile the moment you start talking about a switched live. thats why i always wire me own.

Thats it Ian part of the job, just thought id put a thread up here you never know a fellow engineer might have come across the same problem at some point, trouble is cheap skate landlord dont want to pay out pound notes. Me i shut the cupboard condemed the wiring and controls and said il be back tomorrow, she was happy with that..

The colour coding and wiring is the same as honywell 'booster' .... Here's hoping this image uploads :)

Orange is your supply live from the actuator to the boiler and pump, if the pump isn't supplied from the boiler overrun, White = r/stat SL, Grey = CYl Stat 'off' SL
Valve interchange.jpg

Attachments

• Valve interchange.jpg
    Valve interchange.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 16
On-off-on-off tends to indicate faulty actuator but make sure you've got the cyl stat wired correctly! On 3 port motorised valves the r/stat takes the valve to mid position and the hot water satisfied moves the valve to the heating only position :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If it's not thudding (with motor attached)...
Replies
Views
no mate ...danfoss
Replies
Views
Seems a reasonable compromise alright...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all just a quick note the pump is now wired...
Replies
Views
mastercare
M
Back