3 rads not working - rest are fine | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 3 rads not working - rest are fine in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I

ian99

Hi,T

I've just installed new radiators throughout the house. Most are regular convector rads, however i bought 3 graded designer column rads - they were graded because of slight cosmetic blemishes. All rads are working except these three. On 2 of them the pipes leading to the valve and TRV are hot and on the third the pipes are not. 1 of them is slightly warm in a couple of areas of the radiator (not the bottom). All rads have TRVs on them. I have a vaillant system boiler and a megaflow system. Some of the rads upstairs are not as hot as others, although all heat up.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is. I assume unless the 3 rads are leaking they cant just not work.

I would appreacite any help and advice

Thanks

Also, the megaflo was a systemfit one, so came preinstalled with a pump.The guy I had to install it took the pump off as he said that the vaillant 837 system boiler its connected to already has a pump - is this right?

OK will try that. Thanks. Just wanted to confirm that unless the rads are leaking they cant just not work (so stop working like electrical items)? Sorry, might be a stupid question but someone said they just dont work so may need replacing - but I cant see if they dont leak how a radiator could just not work

Thanks

A radiator cannot - 'stop working' as such, there is a fault which will cause the problem. Radiators are solid items without moving parts that can 'go wrong'!

You have definately got air trapped in them anyway!

Similar plumbing topics

It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
You got it bogrodder
Replies
Views
Back