32mm Matt Black Metallic Waste Pipes - Where to Get? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 32mm Matt Black Metallic Waste Pipes - Where to Get? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not.

I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd like to run a single length of pipe through a (originally external) cavity wall. The supplied 400mm pipe is not long enough for this, and don't want a visible joint under the sink.

Any suggestions on where I could source one? A pretty extensive Google search has not returned any results. Lots of plastic, no metal.

Alternative is to get chrome one and spray it, but this is extra work and not ideal.

Thanks in advance!

I think you may be Rubbish out of luck with that one.

How big is the basin if the trap to the wall is over 400mm?

When doing chrome ones I use one of these and then the chrome shroud covers the fitting, I presume you have a black one?. It would look something like this

1691275891677.png

Have you tried asking the supplier / manufacturer of the trap if they can let you have a piece of pipe longer than the standard 400mm?

A metal-finisher will put a nice matt-black powder-coating on a length of stainless tubing for you but, for a single piece, this is going to be expensive.

The waste centre is 250mm from the wall. So the remaining 150mm is not enough to get through the cavity.
I wasn't aware of the Mcalpine fitting you have linked to. If this was available in black, then it may well be suitable. I was hoping just to use the matt black cover that comes with the waste and feed the pipe straight through the wall, and have a joint on the other side of the cavity. Hence a longer pipe.

Have you tried asking the supplier / manufacturer of the trap if they can let you have a piece of pipe longer than the standard 400mm?

A metal-finisher will put a nice matt-black powder-coating on a length of stainless tubing for you but, for a single piece, this is going to be expensive.
Yeah I have emailed, waiting on a response. I suspect the answer will be no though, as probably manufactured in China to those set lengths!

You don't need it in black. You should have a black cover plate which will go over the chrome. The reason I would use that fitting is because its the smallest compression fitting you can get and it fits behind the cover shroud

unless your black cover has no depth to it and is completely flat

Thought it might be worth updating with the solution that I found.

Victorian Plumbing do a "Arezzo Round Modern Matt Black Basin Bottle Trap + Tube to Floor Pipe Set" which has a long waste pipe in the set. This was just long enough to go through the cavity wall without a split, which is ideal. So I bought the set, chopped the pipe at the start of the 90deg bend. Works perfectly.

Now have a spare bottle trap for the next project too.

@fowlerboi I did get the small McAlpine connectors you suggested, but wasn't happy with how the cover shroud for the black waste fitted over it, and also the unnecessary joint in the pipe. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You should be ok then but still allow rodding...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I've found a rubber one so will give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
First thing you may want to check, that...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
  • Question
Hi all, I'm currently in the middle of first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all I have this McAlpine overflow and...
Replies
Views
Back