35cdi expansion vessel | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 35cdi expansion vessel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been passed on a job by a mate. A worcester 35cdi standard efficiency about 10 years old needs a new expansion vessel. He says its the one with the cylindrical shape vessel at the front down the bottom of the boiler, ( i think there is another version with a flat round vessel at the back down the bottom aswell ?? ) I cant for the life of me remember how easy these are to change and whats involved. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take? as I need to give the client a price. The job is too far for me to go and have a look to just give a price and the customer wont let work start without a fixed fee agreed.

I think it is much the same as the old 350's. One screw and a clip and it pulls out. You have got to allow for the unexpected tho as it is a fixed price.

Cheers tamz. Yeah I will price in for some extra time, just couldnt remember off the top of my head how these came out. Been a few years since I changed one and didnt want to stitch myself up on the pricing.

it could be as tanz said,the screw and clip affair or it could be like the other cdi,s a right mare all the gubbins have to come out and it will pee out everywhere afterwards but there are 2 ways to avoid this if its the later type,1 if theres enough room to get a pop riveter in on the lh side cradle brake all the pops and the vessel can be slid out the side,re pop it afterwards 2 fit a external EV

My mate said its right at the front so hopefully it should be the easy one. I will double check with him as if it is at the back then I will be fitting an external one for sure as they are a nightmare.

My mate said its right at the front so hopefully it should be the easy one. I will double check with him as if it is at the back then I will be fitting an external one for sure as they are a nightmare.
hopefully its as tamz said i cant remember which one it is TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Still stored unvented. The early domestic...
Replies
Views
I
Do a search on you tube for 'mythbusters' and...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
P
Ah yes, that's it, it's more towards the front...
Replies
Views
pauln
P
Back