38mm European waste pipe to 40mm UK compression waste fitting | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 38mm European waste pipe to 40mm UK compression waste fitting in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

What's the best way to ensure a watertight fit connecting a 38mm European / continental waste pipe to a 40mm UK compression waste fitting without using a 38mm to 40mm adaptor prior?
The reason not to use an adaptor is because there's no space.
Note, a 40mm compression fitting on a 38mm pipe will hold however the joint won't be as tight, both mechanically and water pressure. Hopefully there is a way to improve the seal - a specific sealant, tape, compound?
Pipe and fittings are polypropylene.

It's a 40mm compression coming vertically out the floor solvent welded to the waste pipe below the fixed floor - It's situated at floor level. It connects to a 38mm flexible waste below a shower. The area below the shower base does not provide much room. A 38mm male to 40mm male tight elbow long enough to compression join on both sides would work but the fittings does not exist (I think).

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks, I'll give that a go. They'll be access...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is it the same tightness as the cold if so I...
Replies
Views
JetBlue v2 for me
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Thanks a lot Chris, and thanks for that male...
Replies
Views
plonkerplumber
P
Back