3rd floor bathroom connection to water feed and low pressure. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 3rd floor bathroom connection to water feed and low pressure. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Good evening all,

To outline the scene, we have fitted a new bathroom( bath & basin) on the 3rd floor of a house and ran the plumbing across the landing to the loft of the two storey extension, where the tanks are located above the hot water cylinder. However obviously the water flow will be terrible due to the short tank head height and the poor incoming mains pressure.There are feeds that are currently capped that fed the old shower which was removed from the second floor bathroom. These feeds at a later date were intended to be used to feed a new walk in power shower in the new second floor bathroom. Due to the poor flow it has been advised to fit a universal or negative head water pump as there won't be enough flow to trigger a positive head pump. The pump to be fitted at the 2nd floor loft fed from the capped shower feeds, but would we then be able to t off from these feeds prior to the pump to go to the power shower on the second floor? Or is there an alternative soloution?

if you have a 3rd floor, stick tanks in the roof over the 3rd floor, all problems will be resolved, no need for pumps... whole house pumps and power shower pumps arent a good idea either, they wont work together

The 3rd floor ceiling runs into the roof space with no room to even crawl up into it. That was one of the first options we considered. We agreed to fit the bathroom at cost for an elder single lady prior to discovering the poor water pressure and issues of not being able to move the feed tank. Now we are at the stage where they aren't willing to pay the material costs until the bathroom is fed with water. A favour biting you in the bum!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You say you have multiple showers. Have you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
Back