4" soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 4" soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cletus

hi-was wondering if anyone uses a chamfer tool ,or could recommend a cutter for 4" soil pipe-and before anyone says it,i already use a hacksaw and rasp!! i have loads of soil stacks to do and would like to speed up the process a bit!cheers.:)

First what's the pipe made of?? cast iron, pvc, asbestos, pitch fibre

I use a 4" angle grinder with a diamond blade for cutting and chamfering soil pipes as well.
regards
Mike

hey flat pack whats health and saftey for ;). I have no gaurd on me grinder becuase it gets in the way and I have found that once youve lost a couple of digits and run the grinder across yer knees a couple of times, you learn to get someone else to do it for yer!!!!!!!!
regards
Mike :rolleyes:

I would not use a diamond disc, just a normal abrasive disc will do, I cannot see where the elf's will come into the act, unless its to do the sweeping up 'cos the disc's do make a fair bit of dust

Unguided, my ex sil, told me not to swear at her, I was sitting on the joists on the ground floor notching the joists with a circular saw, when she stuck her nose in and screamed at me about the noise, I looked up to see if she was OK, the saw bound in the timber kicked back and landed in my lap, so she got a right royal mouthful from me, stupid cow wanted me not to make a noise, and it was a freebe for her as well, friends you can choose relations you are stuck with

Last edited by a moderator:
hey plousne
I used to use a chainsaw for notching on sites years ago, but after a couple of kickbacks and nearly loosing me nose I soon packed that in.
regards
mike

Bit slow to answer you on this one, there is a monument tools tool for exactly this purpose, it cuts the pipe off square then chamfers it does a real professional job, and does it safely. This tool is a bit pricey and a little slow but what a job. YOu should find it here.

Monument PPC110 Drain Pipe Cutter and Beveller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
Back