40/42kw boiler. Which would u recommend? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 40/42kw boiler. Which would u recommend? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbear

Which would u fit or recommend? I'm leaning toward the baxi platinum 40kw. I'm open to suggestions although I'm not mad keen on ferrolis, glowworms, saunier duvals or vaillants or even w/Bosch it I'm honest

think i would pick a BAXI over a valiant but it would be a duotec mk1 40 kw or plat if you want the 5 year warranty,why would you want to fit a valiant when the duotec is built as well,lasts as long and spares are half the price of valiant? oh and heatteam offers a better call out service and baxi dont rip you with premium numbers to speak to technical

do you need 40kw heating or HWS

i was really miffed to find out a WB 42CDI only does 30 oddKW on heating, especially after i bought two of them

Hi gas man sounds like you had a bad experiance with the Vaillant group, had some bad leaks on baxi Plats mainly expansion tanks and some pcb faults, Did a lot of work around London a few years ago and Vaillant was a very popular boiler, I tend to try different makes of boilers ,giveing the new sime with 10 year warranty a go at the moment, will see how these pan out.

JTS i think if you looked on GASMAN's arm, he would have a tatto of a heart with "baxi" in the centre lol

i think baxi should employ you (gasman) as a rep, ive only ever fitted 2, and after listening to you on here im tempted to fit more

yes not a valiant fan,but have just fitted my 258 th duotec/heatmax some are now 6 year old,had one ev split,one thermistor fail,4 fans fail,1 ignition probe fail,not one single pcb i think they have proven themselves in my case

do you need 40kw heating or HWS

i was really miffed to find out a WB 42CDI only does 30 oddKW on heating, especially after i bought two of them
nah,just the kids names,dont fit the later BAXI,s looked at them from a service engineer point of view,not impressed told Ron as much ,he is a good rep though so that would have got back

Glad to here it Gas Man , do you not think it strange how the same boiler seems to get different faults in different parts of the country

Glad to here it Gas Man , do you not think it strange how the same boiler seems to get different faults in different parts of the country
probably different batches,who knows? fans seem weak though same as wb its never the fan motor that dies just the pcb if we could buy the pcb......nah they wont let that happen

You can get a ravenheat 42kw with clock and flue and 3 year warranty for 520 lol:D:D

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

I have a Baxi Duotec GA 40 kw boxed new for sale 5 years warranty if registered before 31st March. £850 its yours.

As tempting as it sounds, the diesel cost of pick up would outweigh the price difference from u and a local merchant. We're not guaranteed the job yet, just pricing it up today

It's a 17 rad sys, 2 shower/bathrooms and a wc. I told her she'd be better keeping what she has and upgrading to an bigger cyl+ unvented but she's adamant she wants a Combi, all I can do is tell her the combi hw drawbacks that the new setup will have, the rest is up to her. She says they don't use the showers at the same time....

I have warned her

As tempting as it sounds, the diesel cost of pick up would outweigh the price difference from u and a local merchant. We're not guaranteed the job yet, just pricing it up today

It's a 17 rad sys, 2 shower/bathrooms and a wc. I told her she'd be better keeping what she has and upgrading to an bigger cyl+ unvented but she's adamant she wants a Combi, all I can do is tell her the combi hw drawbacks that the new setup will have, the rest is up to her. She says they don't use the showers at the same time....

I have warned her

duotec 40 mk1 it will not cope as well but will get as hot depends if she is using more than one outlet,but as you know the mk1 is a good boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Get 3 detailed quotes
Replies
Views
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best...
Replies
Views
1st thing you want to look at is price...
Replies
Views
Back