40CDi combi problems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 40CDi combi problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called to a leaking 40CDi, leak was coming from the flow turbine housing. The cartridge with the flow restrictor in it had perished a bit causing the leak. So ordered a new one and planned to go back tomorrow.... But the plot thickens....

I left the hot water switched off, but before i left decided to fire the boiler up just to check it, it ran for a bit then the fan pcb had a bang and flashed, and took the white fuse on the main pcb out. I checked everything around the pcb area to see if any water had gotten to it, there was a couple of drops but nothing major. The green DV cover was not fitted on the boiler, so it looked like water may have been dripping onto the DV motor. I Replaced the fuse, switched it back on and the fan flashed again but never blew the fuse. After that the fan wouldn't run at all. Getting 240v across purple and brown on the fan plug. Worcester tech said just change the fan, sounds like its just a coincidence. Just don't want to fit a new fan for the same to happen!! Tech said there was no way to tell if the pcb had caused the fan to blow. I know Worcesters fans run for a few seconds when they are switched on, the fan doesn't run then either but has constant 240v to the fan plug.

Anyone any views on this, am I just worrying over nothing and its probably just the fan!?

Fan is Toast get paid for what you have done and get Worcester out on fixed price , you can run up a hefty bill on these boilers.

known fault thats why the green cover is there to stop the leak dripping onto the motor

Last edited:
Its a mates boiler, so will probably be het for fixing it now, will be a parts only payment too as I owe him a favour.

Whats the known fault with water on the motor, taking the fan only or pcb too??? Motor will probably be a gonner too...

The fans can go pop if the power was switched on / off

I changed a pcb on a Cdi a while ago, the fan popped when I turned it back on so was expensive :/

New fan, DV motor, DV cover and flow restrictor cartridge. Working fine, that fans a bloody mystery tho!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi gasguy, sorry to say but we can't offer any...
Replies
Views
A
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Thanks I’ll get a new fan then. I literally...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back