40mm waste into top of 110m soil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 40mm waste into top of 110m soil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I've got a 110mm soil pipe that rises out of my kitchen floor, under where the sink will be. How do I plumb in a 40mm waste (from kitchen sink) and also waste from a dishwasher into the top of this pipe.

(Currently I have a wad of rockwool plugging the 110mm, to stop gas/smells coming up. This soil pipe drops down vertically (through screed and concrete slab), then tee-ing into the drainage below.)

Is some sort of rubber reducer on the end of the 110mm the way to go? It'll need a trap above, but will the reducer definitely keep a good enough seal on the 40mm pipe running down through it to keep out gases?

And how should I fix the 40mm to make sure it doesn't move and deform the reducer enough to break the seal?

Thanks!

F84D0E8A-3F8E-4B17-90C1-E503E53BBF7E.jpeg
If you’re worried about movement you could use this solvent weld version.

You can get versions to take two pipes into if it's required

Only found one double online that was a pair of 40mm (most seem to be 32/40):
40/40 double drain connector
Which is pushfit. My bit of vertical soil pipe is pushfit I think, but the exposed end does not have a seal.

Any one thought that the 110mm discharge stack might need venting ????
I don't care what McAlpine say IMHO push fit fittings like these are a bad idea internally as they are unlikely to withstand any back pressure should there be a blockage.

Ok, sounds worth taking into account. This soil pipe tees into the drainage under the house. The tee is between the base is the SVP (middle of house, vented through roof) and the sewer running under back garden. For pressure to build up to worrying levels there would need to be a blockage between the tee and SVP right?

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If poss i would run to outside to stack.
Replies
Views
Sorry for the delay in replying That looks...
Replies
Views
G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
Back