440CDI highflow Greenstar condensate leak no error boiler works | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 440CDI highflow Greenstar condensate leak no error boiler works in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Leak is from condensate pump which seems to work fine when restarting boiler it pumps out. Puddle on floor every morning from condensate leaking no error codes heat and hot water working fine. Have ordered new nozzle for pump to hose.

Hi Leak is from condensate pump which seems to work fine when restarting boiler it pumps out. Puddle on floor every morning from condensate leaking no error codes heat and hot water working fine. Have ordered new nozzle for pump to hose.
A new condensate pump almost 300 squids, anything I need to clean or such, valve coming tomorrow only £1 will fit on pump discharged side to hose.

I have replaced a few failed condensate pumps on the Highflows. They have a float valve that contains a magnet to switch it on once filled. Unfortunately the float valve seal allows water ingress which deteriorates the magnet and therefore doesn't activate the pump when full. The pump will operate on start up as this is a sequence thing before it fires. You may be able to just purchase the float piece but I have never tried as always just swapped the whole unit.

I have replaced a few failed condensate pumps on the Highflows. They have a float valve that contains a magnet to switch it on once filled. Unfortunately the float valve seal allows water ingress which deteriorates the magnet and therefore doesn't activate the pump when full. The pump will operate on start up as this is a sequence thing before it fires. You may be able to just purchase the float piece but I have never tried as always just swapped the whole unit.
Thanks Nick, the nozzle replacement idea came from Bosch as the nozzle is a non-return valve or check valve and thinking is condensate running backwards. I think your suggestion makes more sense as if level gets high pump should start regardless of reason for high level! Maybe I try taking pump out and clean/descale see if float switch can start working again. Do trade people get better price for these pumps, very expensive seems? Thanks again will look for schematic of pump now.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an...
Replies
Views
Why are you messing around with parts...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back