48kw domestic boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 48kw domestic boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blueflame

hi all, just been to a quote and need to replace a standard conventional flue boiler with an up to date gas condensing boiler.
It needs to be around 48kw, my quails are domestic only. I know I can work on up to 35mm gas, dependant on volume, and 70kw rated input.

Is there a manufacturer out there that produces a 48kw heat only boiler?
Or will I have to cascade two boilers.

thanks in advance.

As per first post my quals are domestic only, so need a domestic boiler.

I assume I am right in thinking a boiler from the commercial range must be fitted by a commercially qualified installer?

As per first post my quals are domestic only, so need a domestic boiler.

I assume I am right in thinking a boiler from the commercial range must be fitted by a commercially qualified installer?

Commercial must be fitted by commercial.

How big is the place to need that much heating? Must be massive

its actually a church with meeting rooms, currently fitted is a 45kw free standing, asbestos flued, cast iron lump which was condemned this week so they need a fast turn around.
I do work for a few of the committee members so have been asked to submit a quote.

its actually a church with meeting rooms, currently fitted is a 45kw free standing, asbestos flued, cast iron lump which was condemned this week so they need a fast turn around.
I do work for a few of the committee members so have been asked to submit a quote.

I'm assuming they have a u16 meter and adequate pipe work.

If they do have a u16 you cannot go very far with 35mm. A u16 alone is 0.025m3

I would say that the Keston c55 will prob be the best thou.
And depending on pump sizes you have there at the moment and flow rates. You may be better off using a low loss header so as not to affect the flow and saves you having to buy another pump if the one that they has does the job

As its a church it's non residential ie it's a commercial property, you will need a commercial engineer

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
I'm assuming they have a u16 meter and adequate pipe work.

If they do have a u16 you cannot go very far with 35mm. A u16 alone is 0.025m3

I would say that the Keston c55 will prob be the best thou.
And depending on pump sizes you have there at the moment and flow rates. You may be better off using a low loss header so as not to affect the flow and saves you having to buy another pump if the one that they has does the job

Simon what does a low loss header actually do? Something I've been wanting to ask for ages, apologies if that seems like an ametuerish question. [/FONT]

A low loss header allows a system to work when you need to pump high pressures

A boiler has a resistance of how much water can be pumped through and how fast

Say you have a rugby pitch that needs to be heated. If you were to put a worcester 28ijunior. It may have enough kw to heat the pitch but the pump will prob struggle and burn out within a day

So you use a low loss

You have a small 15-50 in boiler
That heats low loss header
Then a Grundfos magna 40-120 to circulate around the pitch.

The water is all the same. A low loss is just connects the two systems.
Have a look at this pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magicfoundry/1764196037/

Atouchofgas. Com property does not mean its commercial. It comes down to Iv meter size and appliance.

I look after a house with a Strebel ca-7s does that mean a domestic eng can service it?

Fantastic explanation, believe it or not I've actually fitted a couple with buderus boilers as was advised. But i like understanding things but never got around to finding out what exactly they did. Thanks!

You can also use the to have different circuits using different temps

So one rad system with 80c water
Hws circuit 65c water and
UHF circuit 45c

Having 3 circuits coming off llh and 3 port mixing valves controlled by controllers to mix the water temps down

Simonjohns, I know what your saying, just that's what I was taught when doing commercial training. I was told its buried in the regs some where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Check to see on which pipe the pump is on, the...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
Are you controlling the stove flow temperature...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back