6 Bathroom House 1st Fix. | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 6 Bathroom House 1st Fix. in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Went yesterday to look at a potential job. Bigger than I thought as original info was couple of bathrooms need doing, whereas it's 6 bathrooms and 2 downstairs cloaks.

Old House, pulled to bits and massively extended. All ground works done, all floors in, no ceilings in, and stud walls boarded on one side. Any pipework that was in the house now removed with a 15mm stop tap in utility.

Customer given very little thought to actually how he's providing hot water, flow rates or pressures. I didn't have my gauge with me.

He wants air source heat pumps, the house is very very well insulated, over and above building control requirements and he's getting an mcs company to sort that side out.

He doesn't think he needs a secondary return on the hot, his call not mine, and potential for 6 showers to be running at the same time. Only 1 bath going to be in new property.

Doesn't want any input from me on how to achieve any of the above, just a price to first fix hot, cold, waste and soil. All hot and cold in copper.

Anybody any thoughts on any terms I want to add into my estimate?

Customer is liable for design as this is not allowed for at customer’s request get customer to sign

It’s one of them I wouldn’t go normal price either I would add x tax ;)

Beware here Simon he could be using you as a price guide against others ?? Kop
I was on site for two and half hours.

Seemed genuine, no red flags but I've added £50 a day on my rate for it and well over egged the materials.
Just need to put the final numbers together and a payment schedule including deposit to cover all materials before I start and I want a payment at the end of each week.

If I get it then I'll get it at a happy price.🤣🤣

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
Back