60 kw boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 60 kw boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patchie

Hi all can i fit a 60kw boiler, I am gas safe but only domesitic, its for a very large privite 6 bed house with possible celler convision to be added, also would i need to check gas meter size and what size should it be? thanks.

the number on the meter code refers to its capacity therefore a u6 passes 6 cubic meters of gas rough estimate is 1 m3 for every 10 kw so with a range cooker as well youl need to go up to a u16 meter
i think 70kw is the limit on domestic but id check that with kirk
as said you could fit two boilers in tandem

I can't see any problem with this. U6 can handle 60kw. Just do your pipe work calcs

Patchie ...It doesn't realy mater whether you can fit it or not, it matters whether you are right for the job? You'll always encounter work that is more porvent for other more experienced! IMHO

I agree with Diamondgas , if you arent 100 % sure i would not touch it , I was asked by my local church for a quote for a new boiler , 4 inch pipework etc ,i only do domestic stuff so declined

Thanks for the advice, i considered using the 2x 30KW, but lack of space prevented this. I've decided to go for an Ideal evomax, and an S-Plan plus system.
Diamondgas, I've been a gas engineer for 17 years, and untill two years ago was a mechanical engineer site foreman for a large domestic/commercial company running up to £500K contracts, two years ago I set up my own business. After working for 16 hours yesterday and then having to do this quote my brain was frazzled and I was after some confirmation (or not!) before emailing it over!
Gasmarc, I did a church last year, boiler, up to 4" iron pipework and underfloor heating, it was cold when I started, hot when I finished, I think God loves me!

Is evomax commercial

If so. You can't fit on a Dom ticket

Nice one Patchie , May i wish you all the best , It sounds like you have put the ground work in so time to reap the benefits ,Good Luck to you

Id recommend that. I'm pretty sure that because it is refered to as a commercial boiler

If you do go with commercial thou rhemea Quinta would be the better option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back