65 year old photo of a plumber. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 65 year old photo of a plumber. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Alternative thread title: 'Tamz, circa 1990's.'

tumblr_o8llkzcERV1rtynt1o10_500.jpg

I bet that Stilson had zero play/movement in it!

So true. That very same Stilson could well be about today still being used by someone. It won't have been made in China.
That blokes hands look large and tough.

I'd love to travel back in time and show that man push fit and flexi's and see what he thought of them. Watch as he flipped them about in his leathery spades of hands and tell him that it's now possibe to do everything from changing taps and running the pipework for an entire house with 3 tools and 2 weeks of training.

I'd love to travel back in time and show that man push fit and flexi's and see what he thought of them. Watch as he flipped them about in his leathery spades of hands and tell him that it's now possibe to do everything from changing taps and running the pipework for an entire house with 3 tools and 2 weeks of training.

I wouldn't tell him that while he had those big Stilsons in his hand though!

I wouldn't tell him that while he had those big Stilsons in his hand though!

If someone suggested an in promtu photo shoot of you as a tradesman and told you to bring along a tool that represented your trade what would you bring?

I reckon I'd bring along my metre long 25mm SDS drill bit (which i bought for one job and never used since) loaded into my SDS, slung over my shoulder.

True Mas. I rarely bend unless there is money involved ;)
Btw the guy in the picture reminds me of Archie, one of my tradesmen, baldy wee crabbit bstd that he was. Taught me everything he knew. For all the good that done me lol

I agree it has to be a pipe bender. Or a Surefire torch. Both of which keep you apart from the push fit diyers.

Wonder what these guys would think of todays standard tools- Analyser , Multi-meter, Lap top/Tablet Mobile phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
If the op has the newer colour display model...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
B
I used to disconnect and drill them. The last...
Replies
Views
Back