6l, 7l or 9 litre cistern? How to tell the differance | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 6l, 7l or 9 litre cistern? How to tell the differance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: Is there a way of telling the litre holding size of a cistern. Been changing a few faulty siphons and on replacing the new one, setting it to 6l 7l or 9l. The 6l are ok as modern small, etc. But bit older ones is it 6l or 7l. I know that after a certain date they changed to 7l then to 6l, but they hardly have a date stamp.
Any ideas or tips. ??:confused:
Thanks..

Not quite sure what you mean?

If you want to know how much water is in a cistern then 1 litre is a cube 100mm x 100m if that is any help.

Bernie

Last edited by a moderator:
6l cistens have a stick leaning against them to push the big jobbies down
seriously dont you find 6litres juat isnt enough water to keep the bowl clean and fressh?
if were going to stick with 6 l maybe we should go back to high level cistens

Sorry ...what I am trying to ask is if a cistern installed about 10 yrs ago could be 7l (pre1999) or 6l after that. If a toilet is designed for 7l flush or 9l flush (pre '93) If I am changing the siphon I need to know which to set the siphon to 6l, 7l or 9l in order for it to work correctly... :eek:

:) made me giggle

soz ray, cant you use a measuring jug, to fill the thing.
if you dont know, maybe set it at 7l and see how it goes

shaun

What you need is a sacrificial turd on a bit of fishing line (screwfix page 128796 or you can make your own)in your tool bag,place it in the pan,if you flush the cistern and it flushes away ,pull it back and leave syphon in that position,if when cistern flushed ,it just bobs about in pan,increase syphon flush to 12 lts,if you flush cistern and it is flushed down pan and fishing line breaks reduce syphon flush from 12 lts to maybe 7 lts and bill customer accordingly for materials used ;) :D
Jobies a good one !

You lot are so full of it that anything less than 9.08l is a waste of time,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
To be fair, it depends on how the bathrooms...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks for all your help.... it seems the new...
Replies
Views
stevie1961
S
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back