8 Year old Oil Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 8 Year old Oil Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuart_craigon

Does anyone know what model this boiler is and what the likely gas replacement would be? Could combi be used? 5 bed 3 showers 1 bath. 12 rad system with hot water cylinder at present.

Attachments

• 1414054305Utility.jpg
    1414054305Utility.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can't tell you what the washing machine or dishwasher makes are. but the boiler on the right is a Worcester. Take the front panel off and see if there is an ID plate in there...

8 years it not that old for an oil boiler, but then again if it's a Greenstar :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Combi wont do. If pressure and flow allow then unvented.

At 8 years its only a bairn.

It probably is just a young one but I'm getting shafted by the heating oil suppliers and I've got lpg for my living room fire so I want to go all lpg.

Do you have neighbours nearby on oil? It's common place these days for residents to pool their money together and purchase at the same time for a Breyer rate. There are websites available that help you do this might even be the one croppie has posted.

oil is currently the cheapest fuel to heat your home with thanks to the dip in oil prices.

Same from me, - stick with oil. It is the cheapest & actually wasn't too bad even when oil prices were higher.
Take a look at the way you use your heating if you think your are spending too much. Try not to have cold starts with your heating - in other words, turn it on & leave it on when you need heat. First hour heat up is the long burn cycle of the burner & every hour after that is a diminishing fraction of burn time. Use your wall stats properly also.
Get your boiler properly set up in a service.

Oil price for 900 litre Kerosine is £306 in this part of UK at present.
Slightly cheaper for larger quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
Back