A leaky immersion tank | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss A leaky immersion tank in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

H

huggy_bizzle

I have a gas boiler in the kitchen which heats the water to the upstairs immersion heater/tank. Last night, my girlfriend and I had a bath each, which in turn took up all the hot water from the tank and during the night, it started leaking (while in bed, I heard droplets of water, that seeped through the upstairs floor and onto the floor downstairs. I have the boiler set to heat up at about 3:30 in the morning for 1 hour and then again at about 5:30 in the evening for a further hour, which usually gives us enough hot water for the day. To stop the dripping water I turned on the immersion tank and set the boiler to heat up for an hour (this was at about midnight). It took about 45 minutes but the leaking slowed to a halt, does anybody have any idea why this has happened?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I am moving into an all electric small flat...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bought a box spanner and eventually got the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
1 yes if system water is 30 which I very doubt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm lucky enough to be able to 'aquire '...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Back