A new grundfos alpha 2 15 / 60 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss A new grundfos alpha 2 15 / 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bear

Hi Guy's

I currently have a grundfos 15 / 60 selectric central heating pump that is laid flat to the floor , so workng horizontaly and on the c/h return ........ now, as it is working fine and has been for seven years ( and longer ) do you know if the new grundfos pumps ( Alpha 2) are able to work this way as well............. I am waiting for a responce from grundfos but thought I would also get the view of installers........

The only stipulation for most pumps (including Alpha series) is for the motor to be sited so that the axis of rotation is horizontal. The pump itself can be situated horizontally or vertically, so long as the motor is horizontal.

The only stipulation for most pumps (including Alpha series) is for the motor to be sited so that the axis of rotation is horizontal. The pump itself can be situated horizontally or vertically, so long as the motor is horizontal.

Cheers for that,............... just checking........... motor horizontal...... means laid to one side ?
not pointing upwards? only the existing pump face's upwards........

Yeh horizontal is fine .Like whpes said. But if going horizontal then the body must be slightly tilted (10-20 degrees on the vertical ) fir ease of airing a and water flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
25 watt is indicative of more or less what I...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
@John.g I managed to find a basic wiring...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks! I'd seen them on Atkinson's...
Replies
Views
That's correct and as flow is proportional to...
Replies
Views
Back