a radiator cannot warm up after draing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss a radiator cannot warm up after draing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
i have replaced a 3 port valve, had to drain the system, the problem is after i filled the system up again one radiator cannot get warm again, i have closed all the other radiators and tried bleeding of this one, but it only warmed for 3 minutes, looks somewhere blocked, the landlord said it has been very hot before, what else shall i do?

thanks a lot.

i have replaced a 3 port valve, had to drain the system, the problem is after i filled the system up again one radiator cannot get warm again, i have closed all the other radiators and tried bleeding of this one, but it only warmed for 3 minutes, looks somewhere blocked, the landlord said it has been very hot before, what else shall i do?

thanks a lot.

Make sure theres no demand for hot water in addition to closing off all the other rads, if its airlocked then this should do the trick.

This is a pain in the backside, its going to be air, just keep running around bleeding the system, look for air valves the ones you can undo with your fingers, forget what they're called.

When you turn the system on again run round and bleed them again (after the system is turned off). If this doesn't work (it may take a while) then you can turn off all the rads except 1, then when that works turn on the next etc.

One more thing if all this fails, you can back fill the system. Connect up the garden hose to the drain off valve open it then turn on the garden hose, this will get the air out of the blasted system.

Had same happen to me, I solved it by allowing water out via each side of the radiator valves. Maybe I got lucky air wasn't further down the pipe. Also if it has trv, take top off and make sure pin isn't jammed

Had same happen to me, I solved it by allowing water out via each side of the radiator valves. Maybe I got lucky air wasn't further down the pipe. Also if it has trv, take top off and make sure pin isn't jammed

Totally agree, sometimes I find even after doing this the air gets pushed around and you bleed it make sure theres water and 2 minutes late start the system only to find air again.

Air..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
Back