A shocking experience | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss A shocking experience in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

So I went to my uncles to sort a rad that wasn't getting hot.

Took rad off, flushed it through in the garden with a hose. Shook it all about.....lovely. Worked a treat. Loads of sludge came out.

Put rad back but heating system wouldn't fill. Airlock!! No problem. So I went to fetch the wet vac while my uncle hooked up a light in the loft.

Wet vac on vent. Lovely!! System starts to fill.
So I unplug wet vac an pass it down. I unplug the plug that was up there for the light and bring it down.

Next thing while I'm half way down the ladder my arm starts thumping and doing a silly dance. It hurt like a pig. 3 seconds later which felt like an hour I managed to drop the plug.

Turns out the silly bugger has been doing DIY electrics. He had a length of flex with a plug at each end. That powered the socket he installed in the loft. Little did I know that the plug I disconnected and was bringing down the ladder was live as the plug at the other end of the flex was plugged in.

WHAT A PLONKER!!

Bu I'm ok. Could have been much worse!!

That's insane! A lead with two plugs on is going to kill someone before long! Should have snipped the end off!

So sorry, but your uncle is a total DICK. What did he say? how much did he apologise? I can not believe anyone could be so stupid. He could have killed you. What measures are you going to put in place to protect your family from uncle's DIY?

So sorry, but your uncle is a total DICK. What did he say? how much did he apologise? I can not believe anyone could be so stupid. He could have killed you. What measures are you going to put in place to protect your family from uncle's DIY?
remove his fuse

Well he's actually my great uncle. And comes from a time when people would have a go at anything themselves(not an excuse)

Told him its a daft set up of electrics he's got going. He said he'd change it.

best next time to take the family round dressed in full gimp suits until he gets the message.
at least you will be protected.lol

the problem is you did not do a good enough risk assessment on the lead before using it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Had that fully out to check, no problem. When...
Replies
Views
My brother is the king of hitting pipework and...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
Hi all, Great site. I have a Modena 102...
Replies
Views
caralyn
C
Back