A standard problem. Plastic bath leaking from over head shower. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss A standard problem. Plastic bath leaking from over head shower. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

jimmybrown75

Hi.

I live in east London.... Require a plumber who has experience with sorting out the age old problem of the plastic bath not sealing due to movement. On inspection, I can see it was installed with 4 legs, but no centre base support. I also cannot see any batten running along the wall. The type of seal used is an under tile seal that was tiled over....However it appears water is still leaking past this. The tap end has no under tile seal, but mastic running along. I believe most of the reason I am struggling is because it is a 11 jet whirlpool bath, upstairs on floorboards, I figure if these arnt installed exactly right, even if i get it to seal initially, when I activate the whirlpool, it will shake and cause leaks during my next shower....

Would just like it sorted!

Cheers for your time.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
No photo shown. It is usual to apply ptfe tape...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Apply some silicone caulk.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agreed! I was also going to suggest the same.
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Sounds like crossed pipes. If the pipes are...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back