AAV closed in Vaillant boiler for many weeks - how risky? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss AAV closed in Vaillant boiler for many weeks - how risky? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

C

Cabe F

I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it.

How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed like this?

I have to hope it's not that risky, given the engineer thought it was the right thing to do to close it. The boiler is about five years old. I've already bought the Vaillant replacement AAV, just need to decide how hard to push to get access soon, or wait a few months for the tenants to be out.

Maybe a coincidence but the boiler is occasionally making a droning/ticking sound that I don't think it was making before.

Thanks for any opinions or advice on this.

Only becomes a problem when you drain down / refill after drain down there not designed to be left open all the time

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Vee You are absolutely right. Sometimes...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
D
Replies
Views
S
that is a posibility i hadnt considered but...
Replies
Views
Back