ABS UPVC flue systems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ABS UPVC flue systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg Man

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Keston boilers specify solvent weld UPVC ABS 50mm pipe for the flue and air intake ducting. Does anyone know of an alternative boiler manufacturer that also specifies this system:confused:

Thanks, that's what I expected. Some one looks like their in for a big pay out.

Well Ok: Over size boilers and undersize gas installation pipes have caused alot of problems. Do the boilers come out and get replace for lower rated. or do we up size the gas supply and include larger bypass to heat dump (Towel Rail). Problem is: the boilers are (C36) in one and two bedroom flats with underfloor heating they heatup so quick that the boiler cannot modulate down quick enough. The boilers come up with fault codes all the time. Go hot then cold when drawing off hot water. Can't get 10-15 degrees diff between flow and return. Loads of resets for occupants. Total nightmare. I am looking at C28's and a better bypass at the moment, but also looking at different boiler. Trouble is, its big problems to get a different flue system. If anyone has some good idea's they are wellcome. I think someone changed the spec half way through the project and did not allow for the C36 boilers. Bypasses are very short and only 22mm. My thoughts are for a much larger bypass size and length.

so what is the overall flue length and the feasibility of a different flue arrangement?

The flue is not a problem with these boilers, its the rest of the design. If the boilers are replaced then a new flue system has got to be installed. This causes big problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

After reviewing replacement shut off valves...
Replies
Views
Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
Yes these can be converted to any type of...
Replies
Views
Thank you. Makes sense. The manufacturer has...
Replies
Views
Back