Access Point for existing Soil Pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Access Point for existing Soil Pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I'm wondering what is the best way to add an access point to both the existing soil pipe and waste pipe from my ensuite bathroom in the picture below?

Shower is draining slowly for the last month or two and now the toilet is clogging so better to tackle it now I suppose.

For the waste water pipe, should I replace the 90 with a T and add an access point to the end of the T?

For the soil pipe, should I install an access Saddle to the middle of the pipe or something like a push fit single socket access bend? Is it possible to fit these based on the current setup in the pic shown?

Thanks,
Philip

Attachments

• IMG_20240506_210916.jpg
    IMG_20240506_210916.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
Sounds like the main stack is blocked if both are blocked

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber.

I checked the manhole right beside the soil stack and it isn't blocked (see pic attached). I do have a jetter that I can put up the soil stack from the manhole.

I would love to figure out where the issue is though as I had a blockage approx 2 years ago and just jetted that.

How can I figure out where the blockage is? I had planned on just adding the access points to spot the issue.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_130023.jpg
    IMG_20240522_130023.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Back