Access to ceramic valve on quarter turn tap | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Access to ceramic valve on quarter turn tap in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I'm baffled how to access a ceramic valve in order to replace it on this quarter turn sink tap. Here's the tap...

The  tap.jpg

I can remove the arm...

Arm removed.jpg

...and unscrew the collar to lift it up a little...

Collar removed.jpg

...and unscrew the fixing plate that secures the tap to the sink...

Fixing plate removed.jpg

...but I can't get to the valve because of the blob at the top, and I can't see anything else to undo.

I've tried (gently) tapping the blob off the top of the main stem from below, but it won't budge.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks for your response. I can't see a grub screw anywhere. The ball must be removable somehow but I can't see how. If it unscrewed, then I should be able to use the tap handle as a lever, and unscrew it while holding the pillar it's attached to, but it won't budge!

I'm now thinking I may just get under the sink, separate the taps from the feed pipes and just replace them, I'm that annoyed with them...

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I haven’t used my socket set yet. Purely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for all the tips/advice will have...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
If you have photos please link to them or make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah... turns out that my local building...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It doesn’t appear you’ve missed anything...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back