aco 32 RFFI - expansion vessel & pressure valve | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss aco 32 RFFI - expansion vessel & pressure valve in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Senna

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help, please? I have a boiler ACO 32 RFFI that use to work at circa 1bar. I shut down the system (including the cold water inlet) for holidays and when I turn on again (after holidays) the pressure has gone to 3bars. As expected the pressure valve kicked in and start to drip water outside. Now it keeps dripping even below 3bars. I read that they usually do not seal properly after this, so I got a new one. However, I suspect that was the expansion vessel that lost the pressure and start the whole story. Keen to understand if that was the case before I put the new pressure safety valve. Can I recharge the system easy (it come pre charged from factory 0.7bar)? I thought I should try this before assuming that I have to get a new one because I had a rupture. Many thanks if you are able to help.

Hi On the vessels i have come across a recharging point under rubber at top of dome allows the fitting of a car tyre type foot pump for adding pressure. (Although factory gas is probably nitrogen)

Thank you justlead1. I have fixed the boiler. In the end I changed the safety pressure valve and checked the expansion vessel and all is good (and warm!) now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the info. Went over today and it...
Replies
Views
Any update?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 123817
D
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
The digital does generally overread, also they...
Replies
Views
Back