Acova steel column radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Acova steel column radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I am wanting to switch the feed from the bottom to the top of the rad. Obviously I will need to switch the bottom and top bushes around. Here is my dilemma are they LH or RH threads. I have tried to undo in both directions and cannot shift it. The bushes are at the opposite end from the bleed valve and at the end where the bottom contains the deflection baffle. Have spoken to Zehnder who do not appear to know! Is a tad odd as they make them. Anybody know?

It is the standard steel column rad flogged in Screwfix B and Q etc

index.jpg

Bushes are removable. I want top entry as it will make life easier. The rad is to replace an old wall mounted steel job of untold years. The property in parts dates to the 16c, not saying the CH has been around since then, so less disturbance of the pipework the better. This rad will be floor mounted so is somewhat lower than the original. Additionally for some unknown reason the pipe that exits the wall has a T on it. One went to the rad the other just has a stopend at a higher level! It is this bit of pipe I intend to connect to so will be easier to carry it on upwards to the top connection. As you say they are painted and using a spanner will mark it but I can sort that with a bit of wet and dry and rad paint.

That could account for why I cannot unscrew in any direction! One would have thought the manufacturer would have known this. Though as you will be aware there is a baffle after the first section on the flow entry and I was told I would need to remove this for a top entry flow, so confusion reigns.

Baffle is not removable. So am assuming will not cause a problem the baffle being up at the top. Water will flow down first column then up along the others.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
U
It's an American vid so will be pipe dope but...
Replies
Views
Hi Simon, I use to use Myson as these where...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your replies guys .
Replies
Views
Inhibitors make the water alkaline. So they...
Replies
Views
Back