Add bypass to aid drain down? | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Add bypass to aid drain down? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I'm about to do some replacement pipework under the floor and will need to drain down the system. No problem there.

The drain valve is below floor level (external) on the return side of a two pipe system.

Won't draining leave a lot of water in the flow side, below the radiator inlet level? Does that matter?

I was thinking of adding a bypass valve (simple open/close) between flow and return runs, below floor level to make sure the flow side drains well too. Is there any point, or am I totally over-thinking it?

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How did you go about heating the extension in...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why did you drain system to change pump?
Replies
Views
Back