adding rad to system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss adding rad to system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roy8754

Hi all, some advice please.
I intend to add a new radiator to the system in the conservatory. I think the best way to do this is to tee out of the rad in the upstairs bedroom, through the ceiling, down the wall and then to drill through external wall into conservatory. Does this sound feasible? It’s a double rad, double finned 500h x 1200w my boiler is a Worcester 35cdi. I know it’s difficult to say without looking but do you think my system will be able to handle this extra rad, I live in a modern 4 bed house with 9 existing rads.

My mate tells me that because my house is concrete floors downstairs that I will only be able to drain down upstairs by attaching a hose to a downstairs rad, and will have to drain each rad downstairs individually, is this so??? Many thanks Roy

1, the first thing is its a conservatory, they come under building regs if you want a rad in their.
any rad run from the existing heating system must be on its own controls.

draining the system with concrete floors if you have pipework in the floor then you will only be able to drain down to as low as the lowest draincock.

if you plan on taking the feeds from another rad all ok providing that rads not already on its limit on the 15mm spurs.

depending on the size of the conseratory sizing the rad is not the same as sizing one indoors.
a conseratory will have far more heat loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate thanks for quick reply. not sure what you mean when you say 15mm spurs. cheers roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
Back