Adding Rads, would boiler be man enough? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Adding Rads, would boiler be man enough? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R.Oak

Hi guys, im working in a property and have been asked if its possible to add two extra radiators. The property currently has 10 radiators and two towel rails, all off the heating. It has two radiators downstairs, 8 rads and two towel rails on the first floor. The customer would like two radiators added to the second floor.

The boiler is in the middle of the first floor. The first floor rads are all fed from under the floorboards with the exception of one which has 15mm F+R which run up into the attic, across and then back down. Id like to T of these 15's and add two rads upstairs.

The boiler is a Vaillant System Boiler, 28KW. Do you think this would be man enough?

Thanks

if the rads are normal sized domestic s the boiler will be big enough whether the 15mm pipes will run three rads will depend on the sizes but generally i would say yes it will work

thanks, the rads are generally all domestic ones. the are a couple of larger ones. I might upgrade the upright to 22mm and then branch off in 15mm

thanks, the rads are generally all domestic ones. the are a couple of larger ones. I might upgrade the upright to 22mm and then branch off in 15mm

If you do that then you should be ok

15mm can cope with upto around 6kw (upto 9kw on a modern boiler with a 20 degree diff), but long runs should be avoided due to increased flow restriction and noise. upgrading to 22mm may have benifits.

Its about a 10 meter run to the end radiator after its has gone up into the loft. Ill probable go up in 22, branch in 15 to the drop on one side and then run 22 to the first rad on the other side. That should be ok shouldnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Back