Adding shower waste to horizontal 110mm pipe | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Adding shower waste to horizontal 110mm pipe in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams

One is the current layout
And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste.

This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically.

( the current Bath is bossed way in above the tee and hasn't even got a fall, so certainly can't be used for a shower tray )

So I was thinking of cutting the 4 inch and adding a separate Boss adaptor like the one I've attached in the image So it's separate from the basin waste. (Just using one of the holes in the adaptor)

Or should I put the basin and shower waste into the one boss adaptor (basin through top hole and shower through side hole) I just wasn't keen on bossing the shower into the side of the horizontal pipe instead of the top

Will this be okay ? Many thanks

Attachments

• 20230626_150024.jpg
    20230626_150024.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230626_150228.jpg
    20230626_150228.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230626_142652_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_142652_eBay.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 33
Thanks @fowlerboi I shall buy two of the short boss adaptors which I attached an Image of and re do the horizontal length and use solvent weld boss adaptors coming out the fitti g with it been underfloor.

do you prefer these adaptors over strap on bosses?

Upvote 0
I like the boss couplings more than the strap on type as the strap on can fail if the clip breaks etc

Upvote 0
Yes as above just watch your ods

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun. I didn't want to force it round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you Shaun 😊
Replies
Views
  • Question
I always prefer separate wastes where...
Replies
Views
Back