Adding system cleaner | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Adding system cleaner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
got to do a combi install and in the property at the minute is a cylinder now I'm not sure exactly what, there is a large piece with a smaller one on top that has a ball valve in, there seems to be an internal pipe connecting top and bottom then the primary flow and return going into the larger one, so I need to clean the system but im not used to the old set up and can't load any pictures as I don't know how. Can I fit the new combi then put a tf1 on then clean the system and drain then add inhibitor or will this affect the heat exchanger on the new boiler. Many thanks Martyn.

Oh I mean I don't know if it's a comi cylinder, primatic or fortic or combi and one another so don't want to add stuff to the feed tank if it goes to the hw.

If its fortic can I put cleaner in one of the rads? How do I put pictures on?

If its fortic can I put cleaner in one of the rads? How do I put pictures on?

You got to be concerned about water mixing. If you lift the lid on the fortic and there's a separate tank within a tank and the water levels are different your ok, otherwise I wouldn't risk it, if that makes sense? :)

I've lifted the lid it's just one area of water with a float valve, over flow and the hole under the water. So wouldmimbe better of doing the swap, put filter on then clean out system or is this bad for new boiler?

I've lifted the lid it's just one area of water with a float valve, over flow and the hole under the water. So wouldmimbe better of doing the swap, put filter on then clean out system or is this bad for new boiler?

Sounds like a primatic fortic Thoggy! I'd be considering a cold water flush, heating only side if it was feezable. If you have a flushing machine then you can flush the heating side out separate . :)

Lovely it's both!! How would you go about that, remove cylinder then flush heating or can I do as said and put filter on new boiler and clean with ferns, drain then add f1

Lovely it's both!! How would you go about that, remove cylinder then flush heating or can I do as said and put filter on new boiler and clean with ferns, drain then add f1

What's ferns? But yeh, remove cylinder and set the flush away on the heating side. If your machine has the heating element all the better but hey.... I'd fit a filter anyway just to safeguard the chance of any warranty comebacks personally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fresh copper in a heating system will evolve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes you can. G3 is only with regards to the...
Replies
Views
J
I've seen a few with boxed in flues and they...
Replies
Views
Back