Adult apprenticeship scotland needed urgently. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Adult apprenticeship scotland needed urgently. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys I'll cut a long story short.
basically I was a plumbing apprentice when I left school, sadly after my first 6 months the company went bust and I ended up in another industry.

i am 24 now and as I always wanted to be in the plumbing/heating game I've decided it's now or never for me.

I live in Glasgow but I'm willing to travel in central scotland if any company can offer me an apprenticeship. I am a hardworking reliable person and I can guarantee I would be 100 percent committed

i know there are incentives for companies taking on apprentices in scotland. I'm more than willing to work for 16 year old apprentice wages as I'm committed to getting time served.

if anybody could offer me this chance or know of anyone who could, please get in touch.

thanks

derek

Welcome aboard D, and best of luck mate.
Have you tried the big mobs?

problems is your age, falkirk council are paying employers that take on adult apprenticeships but only in a falkirk area so try glasgow council

Contact the SNIPEF rep for your area at their Edinburgh office, he might know of companies/colleges that have vacancies, although you will prob need to wait till next term to start your college course you might get employed now

Try FES in stirling, usally about this time they start taking on apprentices

Contact the SNIPEF rep for your area at their Edinburgh office, he might know of companies/colleges that have vacancies, although you will prob need to wait till next term to start your college course you might get employed now

Funny enough the last mob i was with done that very building... is it worth joining SNIPEF?

Funny enough the last mob i was with done that very building... is it worth joining SNIPEF?

I'm not so sure nowadays, "when I were a lad, in black and white days" it was seen as worthwhile and only certain companies were part of it, but nowadays with quick start companies etc I don't know what it's actually worth, suppose a wee look see into costs/benefits etc might be worthwhile, but let's be honest if you mention you are SNIPEF registered and therefore the job will be £x more, the customer will choose someone else, price is king now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, Trying to reach out to...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Electrical apprenticeships | Plumbing...
Replies
Views
If you are looking to be the WBR (Work Based...
Replies
Views
Thanks a bunch mate that's really useful. I'll...
Replies
Views
M
thanks
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Back