Advice - Boiler/central heating running constantly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice - Boiler/central heating running constantly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodface89

Hi

Boiler: Grant Euroflame 50/70
Burner: Riello

Turned heating on with the timer/programmer in the house earlier and heating came on, but when i hit the off switch later the boiler continued to run, the only way to turn it off seems to be with the switch in the boiler house. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

without looking at it myself either faulty electrics within boiler/controls or perhaps a leak in the boiler somewhere that is causing it to short and stay running (water conducts electricity dont ya know). Had somethink similiar with a boiler recently where diverter valve diaphram was leaking and water was causing boiler to run the heating even when on hot water only and room stat was down.

Cheers guys.
I had been using the timer/programmer for hot water most days with no problem, but this was the first time I had turned on the heat for a while, so maybe something has stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Ah makes sense. Thanks for that buddy.
Replies
Views
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Yeh I agree it needs a clean up, the house has...
Replies
Views
Back