Advice installing low level toilets | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice installing low level toilets in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike_22

Hey I have fitted many close coupled toilets and have no problem with these. Can any one offer any advice on installing low level toilets. Is there an easy way to no what height to put the L brackets that hold the cistern in place? Is the pan best fit first or the cistern. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Use your tape measure. Fit the pan first, then cistern, easy peasy. The L brackets support the cistern. Dead easy to install, and much nicer job to do if the syphon ever needs repairing!!

Spirit level and tape and you cant go wrong. As said above its easy

Thanks for the replys, so I fit the pan first, whats the best way of working out the height of the cistern i.e what height to put the L brackets. I know I'll most likely have to cut the flush pipe on the horizontal part so it fits in to the pan. Is it usualy practice not to cut the vertical section of the flush pipe that goes to the cistern? Thanks again for your help.

I would fit you pan first. Then work out where youd like the top of the cistern to be. Dont think theres a set height for domestic toilets (might be wrong). Then find and mark your centre line for the cistern so that the flush pipe is straight into the back of the pan. Then u can measure the height of cistern, this measurement is where uou need to fit your brackets. Hang cistern and cut flush pipe to suit

the higher it is the better the flush yes you can cut the vertical only needs to go in past the rubber seal by an inch or so

fit the pan, put the flush pipe on the pan and then you can see the max height the cistern can be fitted. Fit the cistern a few inches lower than the top of the flush pipe or to suit.

Thanks, so if I fit the pan first then cut the flush pipe so it sits in to the back of the pan and is far enough away from the way to fit in to the cistern syhpon when in place. Then draw a level line say 1.5inch below the top of the flush pipe to fit the L brackets to. Fit L brackets then put cistern on L brackets to mark up two holes at top of cistern to drill and screw. Does that sound about right thanks again for your help.

should be fine, make sure you get the flush pipe square to both the cistern and pan as they do tend to leak easy as they are made very cheap nowerdays.

i would also add follow the instructions that come with the cistern :)

should be fine, make sure you get the flush pipe square to both the cistern and pan as they do tend to leak easy as they are made very cheap nowerdays.

i would also add follow the instructions that come with the cistern :)
if you get instructions. also i wouldn't do any cutting of the flushpipe until the cistern is in place in case you cut it too short

AWeating, when you say fit the cistern a few inches lower than the flush pipe do you mean the bottom of the cistern?

yes that's what he meant, because the pipe goes up into the bottom of the dump valve/syphon

When you drill the two holes for cistern. Drill downwards at 45degree angle. Makes getting the screws in much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Yes, use plastic shims to get the pan stable -...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back