Advice needed about an old boiler Glow Worm Space Saver 38. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed about an old boiler Glow Worm Space Saver 38. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Please could anyone advice. I have a 36 y.o. Glow Worm Space Saver 38. I have had it for the last 6 years when bought my current house. I serviced it for the first two years but then stopped servicing in fear that it could be condemned just for being old an inefficient or no spare parts. I did not have any problems with it and it works fine at the moment. I also don't use it much, only in freezing temperatures, and then for 1 hour twice a day only. I would be very happy to keep it until it dies as in my previous house with a modern boiler i had nothing but trouble repairing it.
Please advice how safe it is to use it unserviced. Could it ever explode? - this is my major fear as i heard of cases of boilers blowing up and killing people. Also could it cause a carbon monoxide poisoning even though it has a constant pilot light? Is it safe just to run it down without any further service?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Please could anyone advice. I have a 36 y.o. Glow Worm Space Saver 38. I have had it for the last 6 years when bought my current house. I serviced it for the first two years but then stopped servicing in fear that it could be condemned just for being old an inefficient or no spare parts. I did not have any problems with it and it works fine at the moment. I also don't use it much, only in freezing temperatures, and then for 1 hour twice a day only. I would be very happy to keep it until it dies as in my previous house with a modern boiler i had nothing but trouble repairing it.
Please advice how safe it is to use it unserviced. Could it ever explode? - this is my major fear as i heard of cases of boilers blowing up and killing people. Also could it cause a carbon monoxide poisoning even though it has a constant pilot light? Is it safe just to run it down without any further service?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

When I read these posts I often wonder if they are genuine....

I have this old car, I like it but I don't want to get it Mot'd in case it fails....

Seriously though, we don't condemn boilers to make money, we condemn them because they are unsafe and might kill someone. Get it serviced.

Old boilers are sometimes the most dangerous

Similar plumbing topics

A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
He’s never had any one look at the gas or...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
If the overheat thermostat has tripped, it...
Replies
Views
Back