Advice needed choosing a new boiler for work ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed choosing a new boiler for work ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clrky501

Hi-looking for some unbiased advice please

I am the admin manager at work an I need to look at replacing the boiler as its 15 years old and would like some advice.Its a system boiler.

Just wondering what the best boiler would be-we currently have a system boiler but wondering if a combi is o.k to have
We have 30 staff and its in a converted house-no real requirement for hot water just central heating
What should I pick and why ?

Also with a new condensing boiler what extra work do I need to factor in-do I need to cost for pipework to run to the outside of the building ??Are building regs involved?

Lastly what is the difference between Vaillant and W.Bosch

Thanks

size and how many rads?

Intergas, less to go wrong, but the last thing you will ever get is unbiased advice with your question

system boiler is fine, combi if you want to have some hot water off it.

the new boiler will need a waste pipe connecting into your drainage system. The gas may need upgrading depending on choice. Building regs can be notified by your gas safe engineer.

valliant and WB are both good brands and make good boilers. stick to the boiler recommended by your engineer as its him/her who will be fitting and looking after it.

If you dont need it to produce hot water then a combi is probably pointless.
You can post your location and someone local might be able to give you a quote

Thanks all...you're fast !
I have had 2 quotes from local companies but both quoted on different systems and different makes of boiler so I was struggling to compare but your input has helped

When I say no hot water we will use some -hot water tap in toilets and a dishwasher ??on once a day.

My boss thinks that a combi would be better -"without a tank there is one less thing to go wrong "
Is that not true then

Thanks

what do you do for bogs (hot water)?

sounds like it would be a better choice to have a combi if you dont use alot of hot water and are currently heating a cylinders full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back