Advice needed on pipe behind washing machine/dishwasher | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed on pipe behind washing machine/dishwasher in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened.

When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away.

The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago.

Looking at the pipe on the wall it looks like the adhesive holding it vertically has worn down and it's tilted sideways, which has caused the problem.

What do you think? Does the pipe need holding up vertically again? Or it is something else?

Attachments

• 20240317_083829.jpg
    20240317_083829.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20240317_083838.jpg
    20240317_083838.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240317_083844.jpg
    20240317_083844.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 38
Needs to be vertical but the right one eg I’m guessing where the dishwasher is going into isn’t long enough would want minimum double the pipe from the elbow up so needs re doing I would say

Eg two mcalpine washing machine stand pipes

Or a doubler eg mcalpine 206HR and loose the tee

That mark on your pool does indeed look like it could be calcium buildup, especially if it's around the waterline. You can try using a diluted mixture of vinegar and water or a specialized calcium remover to gently scrub it off.

What pool it’s inside a house ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
If you measure the internal dia you should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you take a picture of your downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, I have this as well. I called a plumber...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
  • Question
Your trap might be leaking, if that's the case...
Replies
Views
Back