Advice needed on radiator valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed on radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

20191008_184148.jpg

Hi all, this is my first post so hoping I've got it in the right section. I'm a casual DIYer so this may be a simple question to most.. looking to replace the old head on the photo for a new TRV head. Do I simply need to undo the nut at the top & slot a new head on or does the old fixing need to be changed? Moved into an older house so might be an old fixing

Hi Dan, looks like a pretty old trv. Personally I would be wanting to change the full valve, it's most likely seen it's best days and will give you nothing but trouble with the valve sticking. If you do just want to change the head can you clean the paint off and see if there are any marking which may indicate who makes the valve. I've had a scan through the internet and can't find a match.

Whole body would need to be changed sorry to say

Hi Dan, looks like a pretty old trv. Personally I would be wanting to change the full valve, it's most likely seen it's best days and will give you nothing but trouble with the valve sticking. If you do just want to change the head can you clean the paint off and see if there are any marking which may indicate who makes the valve. I've had a scan through the internet and can't find a match.
Thanks, think it's clear then I'll need a new valve too
[automerge]1570629155[/automerge]
Thanks all for the replies, I'll have to get a new valve

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I wouldn’t even entertain turning them off...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah perfect. Thank you!
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a 3/4" rad system i'm working on. Was...
Replies
Views
Daley power
D
Back