Advice needed on sealing a vented system | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice needed on sealing a vented system in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening All,
I have an unusual customer who is bit of a recyling nut. Last year we installed a heat only boiler (only after it died) and changed all his downstairs rads. It's only a small 3 bedroom house but for some reason he resisted getting a combi. Now he's having a loft extension there's only going to be about 500mm of head between the F&E tank and the loft radiator. I am considering sealing the system by removing the F&E tank and installing an expansion vessel. It's not something I've done before but I've seen one working. Obviously his upstairs rads could be at risk and the coil so I was thinking of pressure testing it to 2 bar before. If anyone has any advice on dos and don't it would be appreciated.
Jock

Low pressure seal eg 0.5 bar and blow off at 2 bar

Exactly the same as a normal sealed system but you just fill to 0.5 bar and set the pre charge in the expansion vessel to 0.6 bar and the blow off 2 bar

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Thanks, I think I'll warn him it might be bad...
Replies
Views
Back