advice needed on the tech side of boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss advice needed on the tech side of boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark ba

hi ,gents and ladies . i have been a plumber for some 30 years and have worked on conventional systems ( pumps cylinders divertor valves etc ) and general plumbing ,i am now looking to move to a different job , fed up with digging up water mains and crawling through lofts and voids under floors lol .... my question is , i have applied to a boiler manufacturer for a position of tech support ,i have limited knowledge of combi boilers !! i know the basics .there is a test at the interview ,i presume it will be a fault finding one with a multi meter etc . does anybody have any links or pdf downloads on common fault finding ,pumps flow switches pcb,s etc ,sequences a combi goes through ,i have untill the 30th of this month to get as much info into my head as poss , thanks for reading mark

Try a google search for John Reginald Combi Boiler Fault finding & Repairs book. Its not cheap but its worth having in the van.

Good luck mate, if you havent been repairing them for a living, combi's can be a sod to trace faults on.A bit late now but try and get some time with a boiler repair man

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck on that one its taken me years to know what i do,you need a lot of experience to fault combis try looking at some boiler faults on here

Good luck I hope you do well. I dont think you can learn fault finding on combis out of a book you need hands on experience. I am still learning after all these years. If you do get the job they will give you some good diagnostic kit and a van full of spares and that really helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
Back