Advice Needed please Our Combi Boiler is playing up big time!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice Needed please Our Combi Boiler is playing up big time!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Tuck

Hi,
We have a Ferrolli Optimax HE 31C Combi boiler that is just heating water up since friday morning and not touching the central heating.
After speaking to a couple of people and doing a little bit of research on the net it appears that the 'Diverter Valve' could have gone as the display screen keeps showing a code 'D1' and apparently this is what it means. Anyone agree or disagree????

Over the last few weeks we have been having problems ever so often with the boiler warming water up but after pretty much just turning it on and off a couple of times it has got going again, so yes ok we have had a warning something wasnt quite right!!

The boiler was fitted December 2008 but we only bought the house March 2010. I contacted Ferolli customer service over the phone Friday night as I expected it to be covered by the 5yr warranty the boiler comes with and we have a copy of the receipts. They just said the warranty was void as it was never registered after being fitted!!

I have done my research and if it is the 'Diverter Valve' I can get hold of one on Tuesday but I am certainly not a man that is gonna be able to fit it as changing a light bulb is a big job for me, lol
Any thoughts or knowledge on the job we have to got to deal with as its bloody freezing in our house!!!
I have been told the diverter valve is going to cost approx £80 any idea on the cost of having it fitted or opinions and experience with guarantees with unregistered boilers!!

Please Help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
could be thermister amoungst other things
Where do you live, maybe someone on here is local to you

Is hot water working ok

agreed could be the thermistor or plate heat exchanger,frankly ferroli condensers are total tat

yes everything that come after the 77ff and optima 701 were tat especially when they went HE sadly for the op theirs is one of the worst

Yeah I have certainly gathered that Ferrolli is not the product to buy!!! If anyone is in or close to Chesterfield please let me know as their is a job waiting for you!!!

Yeah the Hot Water is fine at the moment!!!

Have you checked system presure is at 1.5 bar?
Have you got a RF room stat fitted. Check/replace batterys. Does help if its calling for heat too.

Is it A1 code or D1?

quote tipintim Have you got a RF room stat fitted. Check/replace batterys. Does help if its calling for heat too.
effecting dhw too mate think about it not the room stat

quote tipintim Have you got a RF room stat fitted. Check/replace batterys. Does help if its calling for heat too.
effecting dhw too mate think about it not the room stat

Whats that about?

op has a dhw fault,you have asked to check the roomstat, roomstat will only effect ch,not dhw

Have you checked system presure is at 1.5 bar?
Have you got a RF room stat fitted. Check/replace batterys. Does help if its calling for heat too.

Is it A1 code or D1?

sorry tipintim,i have re read the ops original post,my bad,your right check the roomstat

Its well easy to miss read posts and trying to visualise problems. Im starting to read posts 3 times before i comment, coz
i miss read last week on more than one occasion.

Anyway, dont think it can read D1 error. Its either A or F. Stand corrected if wronge .

Does anybody have knowledge on the 'D1' code as its definatly showing 'D1'???

not sure but will check on my sisters optimax but i am sure it goes to D2 in hw demand and D1 in heating or the other way around.she was strapped for cash last year so she bought one of these and i fitted it. i struggled like mad to get the outercase on there must be a knack.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Back